It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:36 am 

Nuance, Château Rabaisse, Evening, Mercredi

Celeste nodded her head at Nuance and said to Eduard,
"My Lord baron, I think it best if you retire. You have a big day tomorrow and I need to meet with the circle. I will send Beuregard my assistant to watch over your rooms. He is quite capable in the arts and not a bad hand with the sword. That way you can get some rest. The Duche may be depending on your wits tomorrow.
Nuance, my dear the Baron is right to be cautious. I trust that you will ensure that he comes to no harm, by assasins blade or poisoners chalice.
Go girl! Assist the Baron back to his rooms. I understand, where men don't that you have much to do tonight"

Eduard's eyes narrowed, a little put out by being dismissed by a woman, but he said nothing, realising the sense of what she said. He had to be ready in the morning and meet with Philippe. He hoped rather than expected that his father would not try again to convince him of the folly of reconciling. His mind focussed upon the business at hand, forgot the dangers of the evening and he followed Nuance back to his quarters, hardly noticing the tall man, who followed at Celeste's instructions.

About an hour after Nuance had returned and not long after Eduard had retired. There came a quiet knock on Nuance's door. Nuance opened it a fraction and saw Celeste, standing in a long hooded robe, wet from the dew of the night. She said in quiet tones.
"My dear girl, I need your help. Could you have everything ready before dawn for your journey. I would like you to be in the dining hall at dawn with me to see if we can find that girl"...

Ian. sorry about the delay, pesky real world. Nuance can have 2 points for Destiny. If you wish Nuance to negotiate anything with Celeste, you'll still have the 6 extra dice. You can also mark (with a . or x or whatever) Nuance's Intrigue, Sincerity and Persuasion skills.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:54 am 

Tabithia, forest near Falls, lunch

This will be a Diplomacy roll, I think the idea of political maeuvering makes the most sense.

Tabithia has SOC 6, +2 Beauty, + 5 Drive. 13 Dice Diplomacy (4) (+2 beauty for the centaurs)

Let's say +3 beauty for humanoids, +2 for centaurs (part humanoid) and +1 beauty for other creatures.

Aratheun Whitehoof has SOC 6 and Diplomacy (5)

If Tabithia botches, Aratheun will be angered and move to strike Tabithia
If Tabithia gets 4 or more less successes than Arathuen He will beleive she is plotting against the Court of Light
If Tabithia gets 3 or more less successes than Aratheun, He will believe that she is plotting to have him removed from the team.
If Tabithia gets 2 less successes than Arathuen, he will be convinced she is not acting with the Fae realms in mind.
If Tabithia gets 1 less success than Arathuen, he will doubt her motivations.
If Tabithia gets equals successes with Aratheun, he will be unsure what to believe
If Tabithia gets 1 more success than Arathuen, he will remain wary of Tabithia but will concede that she was wise to question the motivations of the humans
If Tabithia gets 2 more successes then Arathuen will remain wary of Tabithia, but will resolve to help Tabithia understand the plots of humans
If Tabithia gets 3 more successes then Arathuen will remain wary of Tabithia, but will resolve to help Tabithia understand the plots and use her to seek them out
If Tabithia gets 4 more successes then Arathuen will become friendly with Tabithia and see her as someone to work with in detecting and defeating human plots
If Tabithia gets 5 more succeses then Arathuen will become friendly and work with Tabithia in detecting plots and will reveal his suspicions about the Seer.
If Tabithia gets 6 more succeses then Arathuen will become friendly and work with Tabithia in detecting plots and will reveal his suspicions about the Seer & Stendarin

If Tabithia gets 7 more successes then Arathuen will offer to ally himself with Tabithia in trying to defeat the reconciliation

If Tabithia gets 8 more successes then Aratheun will offer to ally himself with Tabithia in trying to defeat the reconciliation and will inform her of the centaur companies waiting nearby in the Fae realm ready for any attack.

If Tabithia gets 9 more successes then Aratheun will offer to ally himself with Tabithia in trying to defeat the reconciliation and will inform her of the centaur companies waiting nearby in the Fae realm ready for any attack and suggest that force could be used to stop the negotations

If Tabithia gets 10 more successes then Aratheun will offer to ally himself with Tabithia in trying to defeat the reconciliation and will inform her of the centaur companies waiting nearby in the Fae realm ready for any attack and suggest that force could be used to stop the negotations and also offer to allow Tabithia to have the opportunity to use the troops at her discretion.

If Tabithia gets 11 more successes then Aratheun will ally himself to Tabithia and put himself under her command including the troops

If Arathuen botches then he reveals a plot to overthrow the King blaming the humans at the reconciliation.

Arathuen Whitehoof SOC 6 Diplomacy 5
[dice]qkmarsftxb[/dice]
[dice]ltbwbzmcis[/dice]
[dice]zapqdfxlgn[/dice]
[dice]tonltgjvcv[/dice]
[dice]erpderlxql[/dice]
[dice]fbblynsmjm[/dice]

Zoe If you would like to change the odds above then post what you would like to change, but don't roll until they've been approved

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:17 am 

Tabithia, near Falls, lunch
here goes....
[dice]tazynppzfr[/dice]
[dice]vnjqrwdloa[/dice]
[dice]smaqzmkwxd[/dice]
[dice]xclmskrkun[/dice]
[dice]deoahzphah[/dice]
[dice]bxtnhqllnj[/dice]
[dice]ywgjoqebni[/dice]
[dice]cjmcyudfoe[/dice]
[dice]hskxewlnkk[/dice]
[dice]ruxhyzvhey[/dice]
[dice]raolduzhxh[/dice]
[dice]ifeerrpcbg[/dice]
[dice]zovyjcchtu[/dice]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:22 am 

Tabithia, near Falls, lunch, Vendredi

Aratheun looked up and surveyed Tabitithia's face. "You show good judgement girl "he said. "The humans are not to be trusted, that meddling wizard has put us in a situation where we have been shamed. Now the King's guard is down and he seeks to restore honour. But Humans know no honour, it is a foreign concept to them. That is why they have allied with the dark court. I sense a great weaving web of deceit, that will destroy the Fae. The court of light will fall and the balance will be returned. Darkness will cover the realms and the light will fail.

We must find and expose the plots and reveal them to the King. The Fae must see that we cannot trust them. Would you be willing to assist me in finding and exposing the plots of the humans?

If you wish to convince Arathuen of anything then go ahead. Otherwise we'll move the narrative forward to arrival at the falls.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:49 pm 

Does Celeste's cloak look like she has been outdoors for a while or just long enough to arrive at Nuance's door?

Nuance, Château Rabaisse, Evening, Mercredi

"As you wish, so shall it be Madame." says Nuance as she gives a small bow of deference. "There is little doubt that my Lord Eduard's safety lies in part on determining who this woman is and, more importantly, determining her accomplice's amongst the Fae."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:46 pm 

Back from Easter..

Celeste looks like she has been outdoors, although probably not standing around in the rain for some time. But she would not be wet if she traveled from her room to Nuance's directly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:05 am 

That last post was a little ambiguous.

Valthalion wrote:
She although probably not standing around in the rain for some time

What I meant was, it doesn't look like Celeste was standing around in the rain for any length of time.

Nuance, Château Rabaisse, Dawn, Vendredi

Nuance sat dutifully beside Celeste. In the first light, Celeste had chosen a table in the empty dining area of the Château, although Nuance knew that servants dined in the kitchen and the Royal council would surely break their fast in their rooms. Last night Eduard had dined in the ballroom, but the Comte had made available a large room for the officials and guardsmen and tradesmen to dine and it was here that Celeste had chosen to set her vigil. Nuance saw no need to ignore her own needs and had eaten herself, a disguise wearing thin in the now overcrowded room. Nuance was considering her options, when a well dressed, but somewhat drunk man, staggered into the room. As he turned Nuance recognized him as the Comte du Brionne. The Comte was looking rather comically around the room with exagerated movements. A small dapper man beside him said, just audibly to Nuance. "My Lord, I checked here before she is not here" The Comte replied with slurred speech "Well Claude, where the hell is she then, she hasn't walked out on me she left all of her things, perhaps the servant was right, perhaps the young whelp did drag her from the dining room last night, come on Claude let's find young Eduard and ask him personally what do you say?" And he lurched out of the room not waiting for an answer. The hubub of the dining room which had fallen silent returned with a vengence

Last edited by Valthalion on Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Renamed the steward: Claude

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:15 am 

Note: I have assumed you meant Bernard rather than Vasilly in the Comte's speech.

Nuance, Château Rabaisse, Dawn, Vendredi

"Madame, what news is this? The Comte du Brionne seems to indicate that my lord Eduard left the dining room in the company of his paramour. While it is possible, I suppose, that by the time I saw him he was with another woman..."

"Unlikely," said Celeste, arching an eyebrow, "... in the extreme."

"Yes, yes indeed.", replied Nuance sounding somewhat flustered.

"So, the Comte has lost his plaything. How ... inconvenient. For him, and for us.", said Celeste as she began to stand from the table.

"What now Madame?", asked Nuance, standing hastily.

Celeste leaned towards Nuance and whispered, "I think we need to learn something of the Comte's courtesan. He has said that she has not taken her belongings yet he is unable to find her. So let us visit his rooms -- while he visits Eduard's -- and we best be quick about it."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:35 am 

Ian

Vasilly is the Comte du Brionne's much put upon steward. Bernard Rousseu is usually in the Comte's entourage, in the background, but isn't a servant.

EDIT: I don't know if that affects your post.
So if it doesn't affect your post you can spend a drama point for Celeste to accompany Nuance to the Comte's empty quarters, and gain access.

EDIT: I am renaming the steward Claude...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:16 pm 

Valthalion wrote:
Vasilly is the Comte du Brionne's much put upon steward. Bernard Rousseu is usually in the Comte's entourage, in the background, but isn't a servant.

In the Negotiation Teams post we have:

Vassily Beaugmont, Comte du Brionne [opposed to any negotiations with Court of Light, although publically moderate]

Are you saying that Vasilly Beaugmont is not the Comte du Brionne? Or does the Count share a name with his servant?

Valthalion wrote:
EDIT: I don't know if that affects your post.
So if it doesn't affect your post you can spend a drama point for Celeste to accompany Nuance to the Comte's empty quarters, and gain access.

No problem. Happy to spend the Drama.

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming
Kraftworks for Kids School Holiday Program

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:10 pm 

Completely inadvertant mistake on my part somehow I named the Comte and his servant the same name. :shock:
Sorry about the confusion. :oops:

I am going to edit the previous post and rename the servant Claude, because that is just too confusing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:57 am 

Tabithia, near falls, lunch

Tabithia thought quickly. "I do not know much at this stage, but I do know that Stendarin seems to trust me at present. I will see what information I can glean from him. Do you know of any specific plots at present, noble Whitehoof?

that should allow Tabithia to talk to Stendarin without arousing Whitehoof's concerns!

Aratheun nodded thoughtfully. "He will hardly entrust such things to me, but he may indeed be willing to talk to you. Try to talk to him this afternoon and get back to me this evening, once we camp for nightfall. I have the last watch of evening, and there shouldn't be too many people around by then. Do you think that will give you enough time, Catfriend?"
Tabithia smiled softly "it should do, but I will seek you out either way. I think it best if we keep in fairly close contact. These humans can be devious and small things that individually make little sense may show something when we put them together." She lifted her paw to her heart "Let us see our beloved Forest restored, Arathen!"

I am not sure what/if I need to role for this. I am happy to go straight on and write Tabithia's encounter with Stendarin next if that is appropriate?

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:44 am 

Nuance, Château Rabaisse, Sunrise, Vendredi

Celeste stood up, then negotiated her way through the tables toward the kitchen door. She strode through purposefully, casting her eyes over the benches imperiously and servants parted before her like the waves before the prow of a ship. Nuance was a little surprised by the direction she was taking, but quickly responded darting forward a few quick steps to walk directly behind her, in the relative calm of her wake.

Celeste crossed the kitchen, negotiating the benches and the great fires and huge pots and masses of kitchen hands working feverishly to prepare meals for so many guests. She came to the back of the room rounded a corner into an alcove. In the alcove were a series of trays, slid into shelves, upon the wall and at the end of the alcove was a set of stone stairs spiraling up. An old man was standing in front of the trays intent upon them. At that moment a voice called loudly from inside the kitchen and the man shuffled around the corner.
Celeste said
"Perfect, Nuance dear grab the third tray from the right on the second bottom shelf"
As Nuance grabbed the tray, Celeste walked over to a series of bells attached to long cords which went up to the ceiling. She disconnected one of the cords from its bell.

"Now dear" she said to Nuance "take the tray up those stairs to the third floor. I'll follow behind, If anyone comes down the stairs bang the tray twice on the wall"

Nuance climbed the stairs, obediently banging the tray, when she was passed by a couple of serving girls, coming down the stairs, who smiled knowingly at her, secretly thrilled that her master was making her act as a servant. Nuance stepped through the door on the third floor landing into corridor, almost immediately Celeste stepped through the door as well.

"Now Nuance" Celeste said "Go down to the room at the end of the hall, knock and try and deliver the tray, Hopefully there will be no answer, but let's find out if anyone is there"

Nuance took the tray, knocked, announced herself and when there was no answer pushed the door open and peered inside. The room was a sitting area with doors leading off into other areas of the apartment. Nuance put the tray down and carefully checked and found the whole apartment empty. She went to the main door and motioned to Celeste, who came down the hall her robe flying. Celeste, closed the door crossed the room and opened the drapes, the sun had just risen and warm light entered the room, just as a chill entered Nuance's heart. She said "My Lady, the sun is risen, I must be about my duties, My Lord's party departs very soon"

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:10 am 

Zoe wrote:
I am not sure what/if I need to role for this. I am happy to go straight on and write Tabithia's encounter with Stendarin next if that is appropriate?

Zoe, you don't need to roll, there is nothing here that wasn't covered by your previous roll. You may write your encounter with Stendarin, as long as it doesn't occur after the party reaches the falls. If you wish to do it at the falls then let me know.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:01 am 

Not really sure how to continue this scene -- I don't know who is here nor what motivates Celeste and/or her mistress. So...

Nuance, Château Rabaisse, Sunrise, Vendredi

Nuance took the tray, knocked, announced herself and when there was no answer pushed the door open and peered inside. The room was a sitting area with doors leading off into other areas of the apartment. Nuance put the tray down and carefully checked and found the whole apartment empty. She went to the main door and motioned to Celeste, who came down the hall her robe flying. Celeste, closed the door crossed the room and opened the drapes, the sun had just risen and warm light entered the room, just as a chill entered Nuance's heart. She said "My Lady, the sun is risen, I must be about my duties, My Lord's party departs very soon"

Nuance turned and looked towards the woman who held Celeste's allegiance. Astonished, she took a single backward step towards the empty fireplace as she realized who it was.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next