It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Actual Play!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:43 pm 

13 Successes nice dice rolling!!

Gosh I think it may be pointless even rolling, but here goes

Stendarin the Wise SOC 7: Diplomacy:4
[dice]extpuimzxp[/dice]
[dice]tidoeghtzw[/dice]
[dice]xrnkpklphq[/dice]
[dice]afhjshhhla[/dice]
[dice]opuuwnuspr[/dice]
[dice]cbzmnotebu[/dice]
[dice]jdcrkjclzq[/dice]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:11 pm 

Woo Hoo!! Go Zoe! Nice rolling!!

Regards,

Griffin Grove Gaming
Kraftworks for Kids School Holiday Program

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:45 pm 

Tabithia, Harwathia Bridge 12 miles from Falls, Morning Vendredi

Stendarin had been a little breathless when he returned to his tent. What a performance, what character. Tabithia was certainly a skilled diplomat. But combined with the passion that this news had invoked she was truly stunning. She had finally broken through the reserve. And his Fey senses could "smell", there was no real word for the sense, the prophecy surrounding her. Yes, Yes she will be taking the lead for sure. Stendarin pondered the situation. "I'll sit at the table next to her to reasure Pierre, but I think I'll be allowing her free rein during the negotiations, and who better to negotiate the cessation of hostilities, whilst I lead the more public but really less important return of the Duc's son."

Zoe, you can add 2 points to your drive and 1 to destiny. Plus place a . or x next to your Diplomacy skill.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:09 am 

Cool! Thanks Valthalion. I think Tabithia is starting to get interesting.....
Thanks Ian for your encouragement too - I have never rolled like that before. I definitely like the computer's rolling better than mine!

Ian, I can't wait to see where Nuance goes! She is doing great so far. How exciting!!!

I wouldn't mind exploring a bit more about the Prophecy that we are both a part of....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:33 am 

Tabithia, Forest glade, Morning Vendredi

The diplomatic party did not march down the road like a bunch of humans, they flitted, flew, loped, bounded, trotted as individuals over a large section of forest. Tabithia seperated herself early from the main party and took a wide circuitous route, taking the opportunity to work out some kinks and clear her head. She bounded through a small clearing down a slope and paused briefly to drink from a small brook. Just as she raised her head from the forest floor she heard faintly the sound of hooves as three centaurs entered the clearing and two of the centaurs circled the clearing fairly slowly. Tabithia not feeling terribly socialable waited for them to pass, protected from sight behind a large log of an ancient massive tree. She expected them to all move on but instead they came almost directly to the log and waited. She was tempted to just stand up and walk off but curiosity and caution stayed her paws.
She realised from their smalltalk that this centaur was no other than Aratheun Whitehoof, Centaur of the Wreath of Light and member of the diplomatic party.

It wasn't long before several other creatures arrived. By the sound of her wings there seemed to be a Pixie or Fairy, and two others. Whitehoof said
"OK, I want to know why he has changed the team the day before the arrival. Bargasa I want you to find out everything you can about Tabithia's family and background, find that accursed brother of hers. Stenara you saw him reading a letter and then talking to her, find the letter I need to know what's going on. Flax keep an eye on her, I am sure that the humans are baiting a trap, like Sudorra hills, to many Arrowbrothers fell on that day for me to trust them again, ever. She could be working for the humans and their dark court allies. But I must have proof, as the meddling seer is involved again and the King will not accept just any accusation at this time. Cloudheart make sure that the loyal centaurs are in position by tonight, we'll be ready when their trap springs.

After four or five minutes the clearing was clear and Tabithia emerged from the shadows..........

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:11 am 

Nuance, Château Rabaisse, Evening, Mercredi

Is one of those grey areas I suppose. Celeste is trying to extract information Nuance is trying to plant false information. I think Intrigue still works best. You can use it to plant false rumours.

If Nuance botches, Celeste will work out that she is a Dark Court Spy
If Nuance gets 1 less success than Celeste, Celeste will doubt the story
If Nuance gets 3 or more less success than Celeste, Celeste will believe that Nuance is trying to shift the blame: perhaps from herself
If Nuance gets equal successes then Celeste will be unsure what to believe
If Nuance gets 1 Success more than Celeste Celeste will believe that the girl is working for the Fae or Dark court posing as Fae
If Nuance gets 2 more successes then Celeste will believe that the girl is Fae or Dark Court posing as Fae
If Nuance gets 3 more successes then Celeste will believe that the girl was Fae
If Nuance gets 4 more successes then Celeste will believe that the girl is working for a Catfolk spy
If Nuance gets 5 more succeses then Celeste will believe that the girl is Fae and was the one using magic and has a catfolk contact.

Eduard SOC 5 Intrigue 7
[dice]aiuzjxfshg[/dice]
[dice]ebukizzcju[/dice]
[dice]dgnpnzqzer[/dice]
[dice]yrrwwkeduj[/dice]
[dice]ptnotpyooc[/dice]

Eduard will also need to roll We'll use Nuance's one roll for that
If Nuance botches, Eduard will work out that she is a Dark Court Spy
If Nuance gets 1 less success than Eduard, Eduard will doubt the story
If If Nuance gets 3 or more less success than Eduard, Eduard will believe that Nuance is trying to cover up for someone else.
If Nuance gets equal successes then Eduard will be unsure what to believe
If Nuance gets 1 Success more than Eduard,Eduard will believe that the girl is Fae or Dark court posing as Fae
If Nuance gets 2 more successes then Eduard will believe that the girl is Fae
If Nuance gets 3 more successes then Eduard will believe that the girl is working for a Catfolk spy
If Nuance gets 4 more succeses then Eduard will believe that the girl is Fae and was the one using magic and has a catfolk contact and will start to doubt whether the Fae wish to reconcile
If Nuance gets 5 more successes then Eduard will start activley seeking to detect a Fae trap at the negotiations
If Nuance gets 6 successes more than Eduard then Eduard will reconsider his positiion with regards to reconciling after the Duc's son is returned.
If Nuance gets 7 successes more than Eduard then Eduard will be convinced that the negotiaitons are part of a trap to kill more humans

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:22 am 

Soc 7/Intrigue 3

[dice]hwrxaczfdx[/dice]
[dice]xyxaawugmc[/dice]
[dice]ucchnimyjt[/dice]
[dice]brvdqbgnud[/dice]
[dice]remoytabwv[/dice]
[dice]ycqhoprils[/dice]
[dice]hvqicddgqu[/dice]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:19 am 

When she finished there was a long silence.
Eduard said, "This girl must be working for the Fae, they drugged me and she was going to kill me. There are no catfolk here at the Château, she must be working for the guard. It's a good cover, no-one would suspect you hanging around nor if you carried weapons. "

Celeste replied, " Hmm I think we must keep open the possibility that the girl was working on her own, she may well have been Fae and we cannot discount the possibility that she from the Dark Court. We must find that girl. Eduard you are in grave danger I think. I am sure it was magic that laid you low."

Eduard looked up and said.
"Why use a dagger, a dagger is a warrior's tool. No, the girl was under orders of a warrior. No mage would kill me with a dagger. No this was a catfolk spy who couldn't come into the Château, I am convinced. But I will be wary I will eat no food or drink unless Nuance pours it for me, or serves it to me. Then I'll be safe from poison. And I'll keep soem protection about my person.

I want to get the Duc's son back and I want to end this war, but not at any price. No, I'll be wary."

Ian, I am assuming by not using the six bonus dice you wish to continue this conversation.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:37 am 

"My Lord, there is of course another possibility. Amongst our own folk there are those keen on promoting this opportunity for reconciliation with the Fae -- and those that are not. While I have no real understanding of the Fae it seems only reasonable to me that there would be similar divisions of opinion amongst the members of their community.

"As such perhaps a member of their Anti-Reconciliation faction, desperate to see these historic talks fail, has lashed out at the one person they know is a force for reconciliation and peace amongst our party -- your good self, my Lord. Perhaps this is, in a strange sense, a good sign -- that they feel that peace is so near that they must risk all in a desperate roll of the dice...?

Nuance paused a moment, a thoughtful look upon her face. "No, that makes little sense. The talks have not even begun! Even if the Fae are largely pro-reconciliation there is no certainty that we will accept reconciliation. Why risk such a messy, public display at this early stage? No, this can't be the hand of one faction against the other -- it seems far more likely to be but one act in a larger drama.

"Perhaps though this will be something that you can use in the negotiations my Lord? Should the Fae hesitate to return the Duc's son perhaps you can use this assault on your person as a trump card to be played at the right moment? As you say my Lord we are here to see him safely returned to his beloved father, the Duc."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:37 am 

This sounds like Persuasion to me.

Nuance Wit (5) + SA Reconcile (2) / Persuasion (4) vs Eduard WP (5)/ Persuasion (5)

If Nuance botches, Eduard will be suspicious of Nuance's motives
If Nuance gets 1 less success than Eduard, will be wary of accusing the Fae.
If If Nuance gets 3 or more less success than Eduard, Eduard will believe that it is counterproductive to accuse the Fae
If Nuance gets equal successes then Eduard will be convinced that its a good idea to use the info in the negotiations, but first wants to find the catfolk spy for evidence
If Nuance gets 1 Success more than Eduard, Eduard will be convinced its a good idea, but will need to get Pierre's permission
If Nuance gets 2 or more successes then Eduard will be convinced its a good idea and will plan to use it when the moment is ripe.

The persuasion is fairly sensible from Eduard's point of view so its fairly easy.

Do you envisage this as a conversation between Nuance and the Duke only or with Celeste as well?

Eduard WP(5)/TN (5)
[dice]czqleziacq[/dice]
[dice]vbcwxkybww[/dice]
[dice]uzcycbejvh[/dice]
[dice]mtnmbnorsk[/dice]
[dice]ugqffrbbww[/dice]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:08 am 

[dice]gjjvkyciij[/dice]
[dice]emcohchzbs[/dice]
[dice]bpzqoozdhf[/dice]
[dice]rbxpefynfd[/dice]
[dice]hrhkygmrho[/dice]
[dice]gfvueyckkt[/dice]
[dice]ijpnidtldb[/dice]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:15 am 

Crikey, what a roll. That could have been a very interesting turn of events!

Yes, stick with Celeste and Eduard for the moment.

Eduard stroked his chin thoughtfully. "Hmmmm, that is a good thought Nuance. I'm certain Pierre will agree when I discuss it with him on the morrow."

Nuance smiled, obviously delighted at Eduard's praise. "Thank-you my Lord. Now, if I may be so bold -- Madame Celeste, you seemed to recognize this weapon in some way. Have you seen a weapon like this before? Does it signify something beyond its more obvious purpose?"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:49 am 

Gosh, ive been wondering how much Celeste could know about the weapon.
Celeste looked directly at Nuance, eyes narrowing slightly. She appeared hesitant, then the warm look of affection crossed her face for a moment. Then she said
" Hmm this weapon is my greatest concern. When I feel it it has Kaa.
Just wait for a moment child."
She turned picked up her staff turned toward the dagger and stood motionless her eyes closed. After some time, she let out a long breath. saying,

"Yes it has presence. My reading of its desires are dark, mostly hate, a nasty weapon indeed. I dare do no more without proper preparation. Baron, be very wary! We must find the girl!. Be this a Fae weapon or worse a dark court one I do not know. I wish we knew more about that place!"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:42 am 

"And I for one wish most fervently that we had no need to know more of that thrice-cursed realm!" said Nuance as she recoiled visibly from the hateful weapon.

"My Lord, Madame, if there is nothing more you would have me do I will return to my duties and prepare for the morrow...?"

Nuance waited patiently to be dismissed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:06 pm 

Tabithia, forest near Falls, lunch

Tabithia had been thinking all morning. Aratheun Whitehoof, Centaur of the Wreath of Light was no mean adversary. Although she doubted that the centaurs would have much success trying to penetrate the legendary closed ranks of the catfolk, she wondered if perhaps there was a better way to deal with him. Accordingly, as the individual members of the diplomatic band slowly congregated for the lunch rest, she kept a close eye out for him. Finally, she spotted him, gleaming silver in the bright sunlight filtering through the clearing, drinking at the river's edge. She quickly set her lunch aside, delicately wiped her whiskers and after checking her paws, made her way to the river beside him and bowed low. "Honoured Whitehoof, Wreath Centaur, may I speak with you briefly, on a subject of some delicacy." After briefly checking around her, she continued, "I find myself in need of advice, from someone whose sight is not clouded by this new found love of the humans that surrounds us." His eyes looked more startled than wary, as he thoughtfully nodded for her to continue. "I share our King's desire to see our Beloved homeland saved, and I am mindful that our Seer, Silvani has Sight that I do not possess, but I also know just how much we have suffered at the hands of the Middle Realm, and how deceitful they can be. I received a letter from Garillion as we were leaving, and whilst I trust and love him, he is wont to show more heart than mind at times, particularly where it concerns those he cares about. I am wary that this letter may be some kind of trap, designed to destroy us. With the Revered Seer's insistence, our Wise Leader has indicated that I must take a different role in these negotiations and whilst I am honoured that he feels me worthy of this, by the Light, I do not want my love of our Forest to blind me to the ploys our adveraries may employ. Knowing your reputation for integrity and wisdom, I came to you. I do not want to hinder the task our King has laid on us in any way, but I do think that we need to be wise in our dealings with the humans, to be watchful. And if this letter is indeed true, it just emphasizes that watchfulness is critical in dealing with such people. May I count on your discretion and vigilence?

I'm not sure what skills Tabithia would be using here, but her aim is to throw him off the scent a little, to convince him that he can trust her, and also, genuinely, to seek his help in looking for traps (just in case she gets the opportunity to find out something about her mother's captors!). She is definitely ProReconciliation, but she does have this warring desire for revenge. Depending on his response, she will decide whether or not to share the letter's contents.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next