It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: The City-Fortress Anur (Actual Play)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:17 am 

Spoiler: show
That's great :mrgreen:! I myself have had to ignore rules on occassion, of course, just because I forgot them :P, so it doesn't matter if she isn't perfect to the letter with rules.

There was interest before, but for some reason they all pulled out when the game was finally ready. One guy was sticking about to play, but his wife had their first child and I told him not to worry. He might join in the game later at some point.

I plan on hosting future games on Mythweavers, due to the excellence in RP Gaming accessibility that is unfair to expect of any forum. However, currently, it has no support for TRoS sheets... So until they are once again open to suggestions for character sheets to add to their selection, the site won't work out so well for TRoS games.

Well anyways, if you can get your friend and any others to join the game, it'd be a great help for all of us. I'll need to update that thread of the Fear Mechanic soon... I'll start a new one here for the newest version, as well as a thread for character sheet posting and editing.

Arus attempts to kick the cat, but it runs under the second bed too quickly. "I mean 'e'll be able ta' react fast ta' things we di'n't expect!" Arus replies heatedly. "Big fancy plans from the outside are all well an' good--until you're up in the face of what's actually happenin', then's where ya' need to be a quick thinker to keep up with the situation. You're up ta' that, right?" he looks at Manis as he says this.
"So..." he begins again, looking to both of you. "Ya' in or out? I'd like to start lookin' in on what we can find in the mornin', if yer' in..."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:50 pm 

Argus nods his head and agrees, resting uncomfortably against the wall. He's too tired to think too much on this now, but hopes he doesn't regret it later. Gaariss was a bugbear he hated, but was he was unsure how to pursue and hurt him. He didn't care for his industry and wealth, only the creature itself. He remembers the look on the hobgoblins face and seeing it retort matters more to Argus than imagining that the bugbear is hurting by attacking his operations. He'll just wait until then.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:14 am 

((Should I move things onto tomorrow now? Just awaiting a reply from Manis currently. Since Manis seems to be the planner here, he could suggest how we start looking.))

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:06 am 

Spoiler: show
I don't think he's been on for two weeks, so hopefully he should be back very soon, or not for a while. I feel we should give him a few more days and move on if nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:55 am 

((We got a new player applicant in the thread, BTW. Assuming he makes it, then once your friend gets on, we'll be doing pretty well in player number.
I'll try to post sometime tomorrow, so Manis needs to get his response in before then if he doesn't want to agree to this :P.))

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:05 am 

((Sorry, things happened. Hope Regin comes back soon. Good news is, I should be able to post more soon. That combined with more players would send us running along at a nice pace, if you two get your friends to join.))

Arus yawns suddenly, trying to stop himself. "Well... all this nearly dying has made me feel somewhat tired..." he says, irritable sounding. "Ya' can get to yer room..." As Manis would turn to leave, an impatient knock rings at the door. Arus readies his sword once again, but looks sceptical of any danger.
"O'ben up this bloody door!!" calls the barman, just as impatiently. Letting him in, he reveals a bucket of water hung on one arm, and several how meals balanced across the rest of his arms. "Don' leave me like a bloody coat 'anger... take 'em!" He orders, looking rather tentative as hot gravy begins to tip on one of the plates...

Arus snatches up his first, dis-balancing the bartender and causing some gravy to spill on his arm. He grits his teeth, obviously pained. "What 'da bloody 'ell you tryin'!?" he shouts, turning as if to swing the hot water over Arus. He freezes, when he gets a look at him. Arus smiles back, sarcastically, wiping his utensils against his clothes to clean them. The barkeeper murmurs angrily, forcing the dinners at the two of you, placing the bucket of water on the floor harshly before storming out of the room.
The cat pops its head out now that the stranger is gone.

The meals look a mixture of nourishing and disgusting. The nourishing must come from how hungry you feel... Thick gravy attempts to imitate a liquid, spreading itself across some heavily salted, boiled meat--though if not for the salt increasing its longevity, you couldn't eat meat so old... Two large potatoes, boiled in their skins mostly-clean skins, sit in the corner of your plate. Besides that, half a small loaf of bread is dipped in the gravy. Surprisingly, it isn't as stale as expected.
Below you, a high-pitched meow rings out. The cat looks at you with its eye, purring like a loud drill as it strokes against your legs. It's stare is agonizingly hard to ignore. . .

"Oh right... You were going to look at Argus, weren't ya'?" Argus comments as he nudges the bucket of water, pushing the cat aside as it begs from him.

((I forgot about the healing stuff. I'll take over Manis a while if Regin doesn't post soon.))

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:16 am 

((I'm sorry for not adding to that. I've been directing the making of a game, and work is busy as usual and draining me.
We could call off the game till some point I have the time and energy to post as a proper GM and when I better know the rules. We could put the current game on hiatus, or start a new one. Or, if you are still up for it, I'll try to continue this, hopefully there won't be more interruptions that come with work or the project (as we get closer to Christmas, I will be too busy to post for some time, most likely).

My deepest apologies for disappearing like I did... I've felt very guilty about doing such, since I know what it's like for a player when the GM stops posting. I'm very sorry...))

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:31 am 

[ Hey no problem. Don't even worry about it, I have started a game with two of my friends using just Yahoo and Ventrilo and it has gone over pretty well so far. I forget things all the time in the game too :oops:

I wouldn't be opposed to starting a new game.. startin' fresh is always nice. I am starting up school tomorrow so I don't know how my schedule will be (In fact, I'll probably just sneak on while in class :twisted: ) ]

I might be willing to GM a game between us as well... But like you, I don't know how much time I'll have.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:13 am 

((Good to see you reply faster than I do :p. Mostly if you're willing to continue now, then we may as well continue, I suppose. Saves me thinking up a new circumstance.
Only thing is, Regin seems to have lost interest and backed out? That makes it awkward to continue, and makes us fewer on players then I would like--I'll have to separate Manis from the group after NPCing him a while if Regin doesn't return.))

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:30 am 

[Yes, it does leave it pretty awkward. I've tried to get my friends to play but they seem slow about it.. at least one has a character now, and she's more confident after playing with me a bit. Still, she's intimidated by what to do and the environment I guess.
The other is just procrastinating lol.

For now, I'm unsure if we should continue or not without Regin or others.]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:24 am 

[Ah... I know this problem. One time, I was playing a game set in Discworld, and we were investigating a murder. There was a strange device, and a room--the game died, because we weren't sure what to do :(. Perhaps more description and hints of what to inspect were necessary, but I wouldn't blame the GM overly--it's just hard to do that sort of thing through PbP.

If you like, I could try and conjure up a more generic adventure with pre-set stuff. Already have an old one in mind: Orc Politics. It went very well, but I didn't get to finish it due to problems with work, being new to GMing, the rules of DnD being complex, etc..

It's set in Anur, but outside the city. Emissaries need to be sent to speak with the new orc tribe which threatens the area, managing to put a nasty injury on the army of Anur through the cunning of kobolds, who have sided with them.

Discuss it with the other people you're trying to get to play, and give me your and their opinions.

We might want to try this free-roaming aspect in a few months time, or longer... I'll be writing up a LOT of content for my free-roaming, large scale campaign, so it might be best to wait till it's nearer to completion. Also, I might want to finish some of my books, which are supplying a good deal of said content--saves awkwardness where people steal my story ideas.

Thanks ;) .]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:01 am 

[Nah, not much into high fantasy anymore, unless I'm playing DnD4e... which that is really just all about fighting magical creatures. My friends have played too much orc stuff, I think it'd be too slow on PbP.]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:58 am 

((Well, it isn't really high-fantasy, not any more than Anur is. Sure, there are orcs you'll be spending time with, but they're realistic like everything else I've portrayed.
Still, if it's just the principle of it, then I can always continue this or drum up something else to flow with.))

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:40 am 

((I say let's just try and continue this. I've unfortunately started to get sick, again, so this makes it a bit awkward in conjunction with all my other stuff to keep up with.

With your friends, give me their user-names, or tell them to PM me about their characters. I'll talk with them and help them work their characters into the game, help them work out where to start, and what direction to head for.))

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:25 am 

[One has not made their user name, the other -- Green_Enigma. I have doubts whether they actually want to give it a try at all. I'll try en push em a bit. Hopefully you'll get a hold of one soon.]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next