It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: The City-Fortress Anur (Actual Play)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:15 am 

"You didn't have to do that... the man posed no threat to us anymore, He was obviously not a strong fighter and so why would we need to worry?" says Argus, impassively moving forward, he stops Arus. "Not only will you have problems with me, but the rest of these fellows if you kill like that. We were forced into being caged up dogs before, not anymore" He awaits Arus, but is ready to move on, glancing at the group behind him with an uneven look.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:58 am 

((Reading over my post, I'm not sure I was clear in one thing: The guy Arus bashed with a pommel was the thug on his knees you were fighting with, not the thug with the mutilated leg. Just thought I should mention that in case there's a misunderstanding.))

The veteran looks at Argus, surprised by his reaction. He looks ferocious, ready to yell his lungs out at you--...but then his expression calms significantly and he says, "Anyone can be a threat, don't you go thinkin' different then that... Best to put 'em down 'ard so they don't go gettin' up and causing you trouble--not like they'd do any better ta' us," Pausing shortly with a grim expression - he is still evidently in a hurry and wants to end this quickly - he looks at the man with his face on the stone bricks and the one lying across the steps with his ruined leg. "Guess you're new to seeing this kind of a mess...? It makes ya' damned agitated..."

His expression straightens and he looks back up at you, "'Nough of that! Talk later... escape now... 'fore Gaariss gets back with fifteen or more goons!" He motions for you to hurry, keeping just behind you on the way up--lest you hold your ground ad have him lead.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:19 am 

Without saying anything more, Argus agrees to let it settle there and move on. He runs on, only taking a small look at the injured man before taking the lead, shouting to those behind him without looking back he instructs whoever feels comfortable enough to use the spears dropped, while he holds his own sword close by. There was bound to be danger soon, and they weren't out of this yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:42 pm 

Glachus quickly discards his axe and hefts up a spear, deeply interested with the safety of its length. The short man takes the other spear.
Climbing the rough steps, you begin to see hints of moonlight as you twist another corner. There, only a few metres away, is the freedom of the open air, the door hanging open to let the night light in. Arus looks suspicious, uneasy about the open door.

Slowly, he begins creeping up the last steps, trying to get a look at what, or who, is on the other side of the door.

((Roll AG/Sneak if you want to join Arus' example. Default is 10 if you don't have the skill.))

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:09 pm 

Argus stays still, no reason to risk two people up there he thinks. He awaits Arus' signal, or for him to come back. He looks at Glachus, wielding the spear uneasily Argus says, "I hope your better with that than what you had before".

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:15 am 

As Arus climbs the steps, a shout of alert cries out from beyond the door! Cursing, Arus charges forward, kicking the door wide and slashing at lowlife who had the opposite intention! "GET OVER HERE!!!" he shouts down the stairwell, more enemies abound.

You can tell from where you stand that the man who moved against Arus is dead, a "clean" line severed from his left cheekbone to the right side of his chin. The upper-half of his skull and face drops to the ground, his body actually walking a step before it topples in-front of the doorway. As you would rush up the steps, you are greeted by various disturbing liquids... some clear, some red. You instinctively try not to look at either part of the thug's remains, for fear of seeing things you will regret knowing...

Allies pad up the stairs behind you, slowed by the rough steps. As many as four blows might be exchanged before they arrive... Looking at the doorway, if you stand over the corpse, you can fit in it with Arus and help him fight off the gang-men outside.

Spoiler: show
Initiative:
Arus (TN 5): [dice]mfajqmoyfr[/dice] [dice]nhlqsfmhmk[/dice] [dice]xiagoefmkr[/dice] [dice]lbixpgdhdq[/dice] [dice]oggutogdue[/dice] [dice]ukazqmjieu[/dice]
Thug (TN 5): [dice]mrysvgwlul[/dice] [dice]afmpmqjqce[/dice] [dice]ddrqmauhjg[/dice]

Arus' Verticle Slash (TN 5): [dice]izuowgjhzk[/dice] [dice]lzzcipfmri[/dice] [dice]jycjtjtahc[/dice] [dice]crwiaehkrs[/dice] [dice]qvsgaexiug[/dice]

Thug's Stab at Chest (TN 5): [dice]wqbfjbnlbp[/dice] [dice]yxdcfotyyk[/dice] [dice]qqtvncqukm[/dice]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:08 pm 

Without a second look, Argus moves up the stairs, rushing to Arus' aid. He looks through the room, hoping to spot an opportunity to escape without a large fight. He says to Arus, "We don't want anymore un-needed bloodshed" in an almost double-meaning way. Argus then draws his longsword and prepares for an attack from anyone.

Initiative:
[list=][*][dice]svolovokal[/dice]
[*][dice]thaxebnsky[/dice]
[*][dice]lqpsxjwjjp[/dice]
[*][dice]xattpeuafn[/dice]
[*][dice]flmgzerxcd[/dice][/list]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:45 am 

Charging up the steps, you instinctively avoid looking down at your feet--fearing what you might see from doing so. Five men assail you and Arus, two with light clubs, one a mace, another with a short sword, and the last with a cut and thrust. You notice a warm, sticky sensation on your bare feet as you ready yourself, trying not to think about it since there's no time to move.
"I hope you don't mind sharing!" Arus comments sarcasitically, readying himself to defend for life and freedom.

((As Arus commented, you're going to be sharing the five enemies. You'll be be engaging them, more-or-less. Thus, I give you the option to control Arus and yourself, allowing the two of you to fight in unison. Or, if you prefer, I can be Arus. Your choice))

Club-Thugs 1 and 2 attack Argus!
Cut&Thrust Thug attacks Arus! Short sword Thug attacks Arus! Mace Thug Attacks Arus!

Stance:
All Aggressive!

Attack/Defence:
Remember Range Penalties will reduce the amount of dice they use. So it may say 4 dice, but it may turn out 3, etc..

Club-Thug 1 swings Down-Diagonal at Argus with 3 dice! Club-Thug 2 swings Dow-Vertical at Argus with 4 dice!

Cut&Thrust Thug stabs at Arus' Pelvic Region with 5 dice! Short sword Thug slashes at Arus' midsection with 3 dice! Mace Thug swings down-vertical at Arus with 4 dice!

Dice Rolling:
Club-Thug 1 (TN6): [dice]nsmqaqafhp[/dice] [dice]lbxcopxhod[/dice] [dice]ahhhpgjwdx[/dice]
Club-Thug 2 (TN6): [dice]qnqgnvndnz[/dice] [dice]kbtayaocvp[/dice] [dice]dwzjgwmdmc[/dice] [dice]cjexxilwnv[/dice]

Cut&Thrust Thug (TN6): [dice]hwwikzdzjg[/dice] [dice]jpdfcgsfxu[/dice] [dice]csmkdjyzhg[/dice] [dice]dofdsfmzcv[/dice] [dice]fbsmtxkonn[/dice]
Shortsword Thug (TN7): [dice]zxjjwiqcdu[/dice] [dice]jxjokjrgyx[/dice] [dice]qjboupbhwb[/dice]
Mace Thug (TN6): [dice]flboberwvb[/dice] [dice]fpeohknese[/dice] [dice]usikuqgvvm[/dice] [dice]xaicsfytzd[/dice]

Feints:
None....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:32 pm 

[What is Arus' CP ? As well, terrain rolls are still allowed to only fight one enemy right?]

Argus tries to deftly parry both attacks, swinging his Longsword around to deflect them.
Stance
Neutral Stance

Action
Parry: Thug 1
5 dice
Parry: Thug 2

Dice Rollin'
Thug1 Defense
  • [dice]aytjjfzfvf[/dice]
  • [dice]udpnmtnpda[/dice]
  • [dice]pwseaikusl[/dice]
  • [dice]lucquhmamg[/dice]
  • [dice]cuqwhgzirp[/dice]
Thug2 Defense
  • [dice]jugsfakqtw[/dice]
  • [dice]vmgdzgqfls[/dice]
  • [dice]bohiopzevj[/dice]
  • [dice]bcdbnuvjgq[/dice]
  • [dice]nuvukbfdbg[/dice]

Other
-----------------

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:35 pm 

((Arus' CP is 13, like yours. Weapon Stats:
[ Long Sword ][ 2H, long ][ 5 ][ 7 ][ 6 ][ ST+3 ][ ST+1 ]

As for Terrain rolls... I'm not so sure you could manage that. There are five guys, and you're standing in a doorway. After one of them drops you could slip through, however. Or a difficult Terrain Roll could do it to push past them [TN 7 I'll guess].))

Argus swiftly dashes aside the club swinging for his head. The second attacker sees his opportunity, and swings for your exposed arm, clipping badly as you pull away. Shock and numbness spreads through the right-half of your upper body, turning into a searing pain that lights up in your upper arm!
[Level 2 Wound, Upper Arm. Blood Loss 0, Shock 5, Pain 1 (that's after deducting your WP from it). -6 to your CP until the next round, then -1 from pain.]

The second thug is off-balanced from your parry, but means to take advantage of his ally's success and attack! Your main attacker is also eager to strike again, hoping this to be the last time he needs to.

Action
Thug 1: Horizontal swing at your right, 4 dice.
Thug 2: Horizontal swing at your left, 3 dice.

Dice Rollin'
Thug 1 (TN 6): [dice]mnzgsejczu[/dice] [dice]kzviztztrw[/dice] [dice]ljqlhetaqf[/dice] [dice]pmguvjuqie[/dice]

Thug 2 (TN 6): [dice]enpxmioiyz[/dice] [dice]plateakkoz[/dice] [dice]vtsenimsyq[/dice]

Other
-----------------

((You still need to decide Arus' action if you plan to control him, by the way.
I think you had the unluckiest roll so far... I guess I should give you a point of Luck for it. What are your opinions on this?))

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:43 pm 

[Full Evasions work? If they're retreating? I'd like to change Arus' defense if so to Full Evasion if possible. Since his weapon has the 'long' range, I gain a +1 CP to the thugs who have 'medium' range correct (If attacking)? and wow they have a big CP! I don't think any SA will apply here... Not looking good again, especially with no CP left...]

Arus tries to block and parry with his sword, the situation looking pretty badly for him...

Arus:
Stance
Defensive Stance

Action
4 dice into first parry, 2 dice into second parry, and 4 dice into third parry

Dice Rolling
  • [dice]kzdiumddux[/dice]
  • [dice]uzcxdesvll[/dice]
  • [dice]kzymhbxkmi[/dice]
  • [dice]qqecthwrhr[/dice]

• [dice]kotohpaszl[/dice]
  • [dice]yxzavkmdud[/dice]

• [dice]zfnhcfouvz[/dice]
  • [dice]poqfoiezad[/dice]
  • [dice]adtkqxetre[/dice]
  • [dice]flblawgzfv[/dice]

Other

Argus finds himself pinned between two very experienced thugs, and he takes a nasty hit in the upper arm. As the pain only begins to subside he finds himself unable to put his focus on the two men looking to kill him. He drops his arm and pushes to keep himself distanced from them.

[He can't really do anything... he spent a large amount of his CP just trying to block those attacks, and with not much left, he was hit and he can't defend himself]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:29 am 

((Full Evasion is fine, but you'll retreat down the stairs a bit--though that seems your best option at the moment. Did the math, Arus can dodge the attacks and get down the stairs a step or two, but Argus is in rather a bind...))

Arus jumps backward over the low thrust, dodging the other attackers as he falls away from the would-be massacre.

Argus, however, is not so lucky... The villain who first injured Argus swings for his left! The terrible blow collides with your lower abs, making your innards sing with pain. As blood rushes to places it shouldn't be, your mind pushed away to some far off land away from the grotesque pain, the second attacker strikes your right side, scoring your ribcage! Hearing your own ribs cracking and splintering is too horrible to describe, but the pain of hell entering your body in the shape of your ribcage and the feeling of your inner flesh being torn by shattered bone... it's unbearable!
Light and darkness flash in front of you as the world shakes and twists. The floor grows, suddenly sprouting upwards, then swinging its large entirety to collide with your face! As your mind goes blank and your pained grunting quiets, you wonder how everyone managed to stay on the ground...

[Level 4 Wound to Lower-Abs.: Blood Loss 8, Shock 10, Pain 8 (12).
Level 4 Wound to Ribs: Blood Loss 3, Shock 10, Pain 5 (9).
Total of all Wounds: BL 11, SH 25, PN 14 (26).
Failed Knock-out Roll.]

((You can temporarily play as Arus and try to rally your allies against the thugs, or you could let me resolve it. Your choice.
Having seen you fallen and Arus back away, the others are going faster and will be there in time for the start of the combat round.
Oh, and, raise your luck by 1 point.))

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:53 am 

[I think I'll let you resolve Arus, you could describe things faster and get through the events in one post rather than a half dozen with Arus. Regin needs a little play time ! Hurray for luck :) ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 pm 

((Sorry for the great pause, there's been dentists and other distractions--and I haven't been feeling so well, unfortunately :(. Again, sorry--let's continue...))

"Oh, f-" Arus begins, stopping when he saw the rogues make for the door, intending to trap the escapees in. Snatching up your sword, which had rolled down the first step, he shoves its pommel in with the hinges, bringing the door to a halt just before it clams against your head. If Argus were awake, he'd be very grateful if he noticed. He'd also be screaming loudly when his first site was the decapitated body of he is atop of.

"COME ON!!" Arus shouts behind him, readying his sword. The brutes he knocked you down quickly leap forward, confident from their last victory! As one of them step on your stomach and your nightmarish unconsciousness is stirred slightly, Arus pulls his blade about, ready to counter. The First thug swings with his arm high at Arus' head, the second thrusting with the club, since there was no room to

Stance:
Arus Defensive. Club Thugs Agressive.

Attack/Defence:
Club Thug 1 Swings Down-Vertical at Arus with 5(4) dice. Club Thug 2 Thrusts at Arus' Chest with 5(3) dice.
Arus tries to Counter the first attack with 6 dice, parrying the second attack with 4 dice. He has a CP of 3 left.

Dice Rolling:
Club-Thug 1 (TN6): [dice]uyhajqvbqv[/dice] [dice]ximiqhwqkf[/dice] [dice]ykxorbphpk[/dice] [dice]xkoogqeblc[/dice]
Club-Thug 2 (TN6): [dice]ylbfirqokp[/dice] [dice]heqitxyddv[/dice] [dice]rjvhowtrhs[/dice]

Arus' Counter (TN5): [dice]iylaozkdxr[/dice] [dice]nzblxfottg[/dice] [dice]oorlhjtzmc[/dice] [dice]xcmxmpuexi[/dice] [dice]zubeivypyn[/dice] [dice]qzkzskluij[/dice]
Arus' Parry (TN6): [dice]ugkkbohksg[/dice] [dice]ulnpjcoxge[/dice] [dice]qdpbpkjzhd[/dice] [dice]rnhgvsycxt[/dice]

Feints:
None....

The narrow stairway distracts Arus' sword movements, his blade catching a wall and now reaching the club-wielder in time. SMACK!! The club brushes past his head, the force depleted as the blow rolls off him. The room spins slightly as he fights to keep his senses, striking the thrust aside. Even so, both thugs step further forward, Arus dizzied and on the defensive.
[Level 1 Wound to Head: BL 0. Shock 3 (8). Pain 0 (5).]

Your allies rush hastily up the stairs, seeing their leading figure and main warrior in danger!

((By the way, do you two think we should start integrating the Fear Rules?
EDIT: Oh for--the dice roller is against you guys O_O! It's really late, so I'm sorry, but I need to post-phone what happened next till tomorrow... g'night!))

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:54 pm 

Yep, I'd be fine for using the fear rules now. See how they work anyway. It's looking poor for the escapees though. It's starting to look like nobody is getting out of there alive. Manis may be left waiting for a long time...

Also, have you thought about trying to recruit some new players? It looks like it's down to just me and Jegol now (I'm thinking Damein Jade isn't coming back). Maybe the OOTS forums have some more. I have a friend who might be interested as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next