It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:28 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Character Creation
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:03 pm 

Crow Caller wrote:
That's cool I'll change it up a bit, can I ask why though?

I’ve never liked the concept of schools as presented in TFoB. Schools have their uses to add colour, for roleplaying reasons, and for the skill Style Analysis, but in TFoB their main function is to mini-max, a way for players to get more bang for their bucks (more weapon Proficiencies). The alleged tradeoff is supposed to be that Proficiency-increase outside the school-system is not possible for schoolmen, and that’s also a bit far.fetched and forced. Schools are much too “gamey” for my tastes.

Crow Caller wrote:
I see the Jungle as a very harsh place, where you can't just roll a Hunting Check and the go home with dinner. Rather you roll your hunting check, and then you roll initiative.

And club your prey to death? I think I have never heard of anything like it from any hunter and gatherer society…

Anyhow, I think that Descended would try to avoid hunting the beasts that are able to fight back; those critters find them by themselves, and if they do, the Descended try to get the hell out. The best way to survive a fight is to avoid it, and Descended existence is all about survival. Animals are not exactly scarce in a jungle ecosystem, so why go head to head with the most murderous?

Crow Caller wrote:
Also, In such a harsh enviroment, I think the threat that a rival tribe will clash with you to take your food, weapons, and women is a high possibility.

I don’t think so. For one I view the Descended not as numerous enough to step on each others’ toes in a jungle bigger than the Amazonas, especially when the problem is not exactly scarceness of animals. And then they are really in no position to also prey on each other. Cooperation is much rather called for. Making the Descended society more humane would also serve well to offset it from that of the cities.

Crow Caller wrote:
I was picturing his Flaws as a recent development, he certainly did not have them whilst living in the Jungle, however I thought that living in captivity unable to get to your wife and children, and then hearing your daughter has been taken to who knows what ends would justify tipping the scale from angry slave to berserker.

Like I said, I am going to press all Flaws and so I think you are doing yourself a great disfavour with playing a slave on the edge of snapping, but it’s your decision. I don’t endorse your aggravation of the Flaw to get Area Knowledge, though. This Gift is not vital for your character concept and it will in all likelihood not figure in the campaign anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:18 pm 

higgins wrote:
In summary... could my character have Snake Throwing Proficiency? :twisted:

This idea is so delightfully sick that I just can’t say no!

higgins wrote:
Grettir wrote:
I think we have dropped the cild-snatching angle, haven’t we?
Have we?

Um, yes, I understood it so. Ian was never very keen on it, I was ready to drop it, Crow Caller and Jake expressedly agreed with my new proposition for the misery the Gods visit upon the cities and you yourself said that you preferred this version to all previous.

higgins wrote:
As for the antagonist angle, I think we established that priests and priestesses have fundamentally different functions in the temple, so, what's the purpose of the antagonism if either cannot achieve other's position?[/higgins]
A priestess with a bodyguard is an A-pick priestess, and if you are going to play an A-pick priest yourself this means that both characters are going to be members of the city’s ruling council (I envision the cities to be governed not by a single priest, but by a conclave of about ten of them). The fact that a priestess and priest have very different cultic responsibilities does not mean that they can not be at each others’ throats about how the city should be run. I understood that power and politics, not religion, are your guy’s main concerns.

higgins wrote:
Hm, my original thought was…

We have to find out what kind of priestess Jake (Hello! Reading this?) does want his character to be attached to and wether he’s interested in antagonism or not.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:01 pm 

Grettir wrote:
higgins wrote:
In summary... could my character have Snake Throwing Proficiency? :twisted:
This idea is so delightfully sick that I just can’t say no!
Excellent! But how are we going to handle this? Is this going to be based on Toss maneuver on my characters other proficiency (I'm thinking dagger) or will it be a complete proficiency on its own? This answer will probably affect my priority pick. Also, I'm considering Poisonous Animal Handling skill or something along those lines. I imagine my character taking some special baths so that the snakes smell him as one of their own and act friendly towards him... and I also picture him having a "pet" in his robes at most of the times. Maybe he's constantly petting that during the council meetings to disturb the other members... this bathing method is of course, one of the most well guarded secrets of the character.

Grettir wrote:
Um, yes, I understood it so. Ian was never very keen on it, I was ready to drop it, Crow Caller and Jake expressedly agreed with my new proposition for the misery the Gods visit upon the cities and you yourself said that you preferred this version to all previous.
Oh, didn't get that the children aspect fell out, but I'm fine with that if it fell too...

Grettir wrote:
A priestess with a bodyguard is an A-pick priestess, and if you are going to play an A-pick priest yourself this means that both characters are going to be members of the city’s ruling council (I envision the cities to be governed not by a single priest, but by a conclave of about ten of them). The fact that a priestess and priest have very different cultic responsibilities does not mean that they can not be at each others’ throats about how the city should be run. I understood that power and politics, not religion, are your guy’s main concerns.
I'm definitely going for an A-pick priest.. and your impression is correct.

Hey... maybe Crow's slave character supplies my character with poisonous snakes from the jungle (as he's got the experience)?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:12 pm 

Grettir wrote:
Crow Caller wrote:
That's cool I'll change it up a bit, can I ask why though?

I’ve never liked the concept of schools as presented in TFoB. Schools have their uses to add colour, for roleplaying reasons, and for the skill Style Analysis, but in TFoB their main function is to mini-max, a way for players to get more bang for their bucks (more weapon Proficiencies). The alleged tradeoff is supposed to be that Proficiency-increase outside the school-system is not possible for schoolmen, and that’s also a bit far.fetched and forced. Schools are much too “gamey” for my tastes.

Okay not a problem, I'll just rework it.

Quote:
And club your prey to death?

Well yeah actually, clubbing is one of the ways most hunter-gatherer tribes hunt.

For instance, from the Chicago Journals:

Quote:
.... focused on hunting with bow and arrow, clubs, and spears (without dogs), ...

Also, from this site:

Quote:
Most groups today are less nomadic than their forebears are. However, the desert San lives much as their ancestors did. They move in small clans, each with its clearly defined territory. The women gather wild melons such as tsamma - a source of food and water, roots and edible berries. The men hunt with wooden bow and arrow and use clubs and spears if necessary. The arrowheads are tipped with poison made from insect grubs. It acts slowly on the victim's nervous system.

Anyway, I'll be reducing his Mass Weapon Prof a bit and I've worked inot his back story how he learnt to use a club. It is another possible tie in with with any character old enough to perhaps remember his Grandfather.

Quote:
Anyhow, I think that Descended would try to avoid hunting the beasts that are able to fight back; those critters find them by themselves, and if they do, the Descended try to get the hell out. The best way to survive a fight is to avoid it, and Descended existence is all about survival. Animals are not exactly scarce in a jungle ecosystem, so why go head to head with the most murderous?

Even a wild pig is a true danger, especially without dogs. It is ofcourse true that a spear would be a better weapon but one is not always going to be handy, a stick however will almost always be within reach.

Quote:
I don’t think so. For one I view the Descended not as numerous enough to step on each others’ toes in a jungle bigger than the Amazonas, especially when the problem is not exactly scarceness of animals. And then they are really in no position to also prey on each other. Cooperation is much rather called for. Making the Descended society more humane would also serve well to offset it from that of the cities.

Hmm, I saw raiding as atleast a fairly common occurence with some of the tribes. I don't really want the Descended to be too humane, I mean, some tribes like the one my Character is from are quite humane and have a strong sense of community and culture. But others I see as more warlike. That's how I saw it anyway.

However, as I said I'll bring down his Club ability a bit and rework him more hunter like. We'll see what happens.

Quote:
Like I said, I am going to press all Flaws and so I think you are doing yourself a great disfavour with playing a slave on the edge of snapping, but it’s your decision. I don’t endorse your aggravation of the Flaw to get Area Knowledge, though. This Gift is not vital for your character concept and it will in all likelihood not figure in the campaign anyway.

Area knowledge was really just for flavour, it would have aided a bit in the City too, as it reaches to other countries, which would have been justifiable by his having lived in the City for a year, and the type of work he has been doing (see backstory two posts down).

Anyway I'm gonna drop the Berserker and Rage flaws for now, would their be a way to maybe get them later on if the game heads in a direction where it would be fitting (I'd even be willing to buy them :P)

Cheers!

Last edited by Crow Caller on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:18 pm 

higgins wrote:
Excellent! But how are we going to handle this? Is this going to be based on Toss maneuver on my characters other proficiency (I'm thinking dagger) or will it be a complete proficiency on its own? This answer will probably affect my priority pick. Also, I'm considering Poisonous Animal Handling skill or something along those lines. I imagine my character taking some special baths so that the snakes smell him as one of their own and act friendly towards him... and I also picture him having a "pet" in his robes at most of the times. Maybe he's constantly petting that during the council meetings to disturb the other members... this bathing method is of course, one of the most well guarded secrets of the character.

I can totally picture him bathing in a spa like bath, with snakes swimming all around him as he casually plays with them and schemes out loud... :twisted:

Quote:
Oh, didn't get that the children aspect fell out, but I'm fine with that if it fell too...

Yeah I missed that too, but I'm still cool with it.

Quote:
I'm definitely going for an A-pick priest.. and your impression is correct.

This keeps getting better ;)

Quote:
Hey... maybe Crow's slave character supplies my character with poisonous snakes from the jungle (as he's got the experience)?

A possibility but how would you see him not escaping? (other than the fact he is staying for his familly but I don't know if you'd know that).

I'm definitely looking forward to working for your character, especially in the intrigue department, since slaves can go unnotcied in places a Priest cannot, see my Character History in the next post.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:20 pm 

GHOST JAGUAR

Quote:
Ghost Jaguar is a member of the Sky-fire tribe, and as such is one of the Descended. Born in the Jungle he learnt to grow up fast and he had soon outlived both of his older brothers and a younger sister. His father Blooded Eagle, was a great Hunter, and he knew the Jungle better than any man who had come before him, and better than any yet to come. He taught his son, Ghost Jaguar the ways of the Jungle, he taught that the Jungle could be a fierce enemy or a great ally. He taught that the Jungle did not only take life, but that it gave it too.

Ghost Jaguar’s Grandfather, Tree Demon, was a great warrior who was born in the Jade Cities. He had served as the High Priests Champion for many years however, when his son (Ghost Jaguar’s Uncle) was to be sacrificed for “a crime he didn’t commit” Tree Demon rose up in defiance, he freed his son and the two of them fled into the Jungle. Not even three weeks later, Tree Demon had to watch as a fungus ate its way through his son from the inside out. Unable to save his life, the old warrior eased his son’s passing, the obsidian blade tracing effortlessly across his sons throat.

Tree Demon lived alone for the next three years before encountering a tribe of Descended. The old warrior had incorporated many ferns and branches into his quilted armour in an effort to camouflage himself, however one of the keen eyed hunters noticed something unusual, and investigated, upon discovering that the “tree” was alive the Descended attacked, the old warrior responded almost killing the young man. The other Descended attacked, and Tree Demon fought back with an inhuman ferocity, downing two more Descended before he himself was subdued. Years of Ritual “Flower Wars” had ensured that the three men wounded by Tree Demon had not been killed, and he himself was lucky enough to survive his own wounds long enough for the Descended to find he was human.

The Descended took him to their camp as their prisoner, however upon seeing the wounded warrior, the Chieftains daughter demanded he be freed. As freedom is something that all Descended hold dear to themselves, her wishes were met. Over the next months Tree Demon (so named for his first encounter with the Descended) proved himself a valuable member of the Tribe. Eventually he married the Chieftains daughter and had several sons, of which the only one to survive to adulthood was Blooded Eagle...

When Ghost Jaguar was thirteen years of age he married Laughing Bird and a year later they were blessed with a young daughter, Beautiful Flower, whenever she laughed or giggled, or pulled funny faces at the fish in the rivers, life seemed just a little less harsh. However when she was four years old tragedy struck the young family as Beautiful Flower fell violently ill. She had eaten on of the seeds in the otherwise edible Bayadu fruit. The tribe healer tried everything in her power but it was of no use, Beautiful Flower was dying. “There is nothing that can be done, this is the Jungle.” Said the healer, but Ghost Jaguar refused to listen, he hunted high and low for any kind of herb that could help, but nothing would slow the poison. Finally one of the old men of the tribe mentioned that when Ghost Jaguar’s Grandfather had come to the jungle he brought with him a golden mushroom that had miraculously healed him when he was a young boy. Seeing no other choice Ghost Jaguar gathered together his few possession then taking his daughter in his arms he set off for the Jade City, his wife in tow.

A kilometre out from the Jade City, Ghost Jaguar and his young family encountered one of the rare Ascended huntining parties that were brave enough venture into the Jungle. Seeing the Descended the men attacked, Ghost Jaguar tried to reason with them but they did not listen, taking his grandfather’s war club in hand the young warrior tried his best to defend himself and his family, managing to drive off the initial assualt, and saving their lives. However the hunters soon regrouped and when they came the second time they were prepared to face a warrior not a primitive, they flanked Ghost Jaguar and although he fought with all the heart of a Jungle Warrior, he was shortly overcome. A war mace to the head ended the fight.

When he came too he was in giant marketplace, dried blood clung to the side of his head. All around him he could hear people talking but their tongues seemed crude, but still he knew enough of the words to be able to make out what they were saying. He was standing on raised stage, all his possession had be striped from him including his loincloth. Standing naked on unsteady feet he watched as men and women placed bids. When it was his turn to be bid on, a man in an elaborate head dress said something in an even stranger tongue, something about, “not it, the gods’ one”, and just like that he was dragged off. He later learnt that he was enslaved and that like most healthy men and women that were enslaved he had been taken to the Temple to serve the Priests.

For weeks he tried to question his captives about his family and each time he was met with blow to the face, he was treated little better than animal, used to haul great burdens, and to wait on hand and foot his “master’s” every desire. After six weeks, he finally glimpsed his wife in the great temple, crying out he ran to her, but he was intercepted by several guards he bludgeoned him into unconsciousness. It took him two weeks to heal enough to be of use again, the surgeon, an older slave, had said he was lucky he healed so quick as usually he would have been dispatched after a few days, but the Priest had seen he was strong.

Over the next month Ghost Jaguar befriended the unusually fat slave Tlaxha, and through him discovered that a slave’s life need not be as hard as one would assume. And that by earning a “Patron” a Slave could earn more rights, even the ability to move around more freely, if of course he could prove himself more useful in matters concerning the “Great Game”. Seeing an opportunity to see his wife again, and to find out is his daughter was ok, Ghost Jaguar took Tlaxha’s advice and did everything he could to earn himself a Patron. Eventually he succeeded in earning himself a Patron and managed to prove himself rather useful in the ways of court intrigue. Over the next months he saw his wife three more times, and on the third time learnt that their daughter was alive and well, that she had been saved by an old Warrior who knew of the Gold Fungi. Ghost Jaguar’s heart nearly burst with over-enjoyment but he managed to contain it swearing that he would someday repay the man who saved his daughter. Over the next six months Ghost Jaguar switched one priest to another eventually landing in the “employ” of one of the senior most Priests in the temple. He quickly discovered that his new master was involved deeply in the Great Game and that his principal opponent was the Priestess that “owned” his wife and daughter. This allows Ghost Jaguar to see his wife and child more frequently as he spies for his master in the Great Game. But still Ghost Jaguar looks to the Jungle, he longs to be free, but he cannot leave the City without his Wife and Child…

By no means my greatest piece of writing, but it's a start.

Cheers!

Last edited by Crow Caller on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:37 pm 

higgins wrote:
But how are we going to handle this? Is this going to be based on Toss maneuver on my characters other proficiency (I'm thinking dagger) or will it be a complete proficiency on its own? This answer will probably affect my priority pick. Also, I'm considering Poisonous Animal Handling skill or something along those lines. I imagine my character taking some special baths so that the snakes smell him as one of their own and act friendly towards him...

Most of that is colour. Mechanically, we're going to keep things simple. Your character’s going to need the skill Animal Handling: Snakes, but the actual throwing is going to be handled with the new Proficiency Throwing Snakes. Throwing Rocks defaults to it at –2.

It’s mostly a terror weapon, though. Those hit by the snake will not necessarily be bitten right away, the reptile might merely bounce off them and fall to the ground. Even if the hit person isn’t bitten his current action will be disrupted by being hit by a snake and he will in all likelihood spend his next round scrambling to get away from the beast and do nothing else.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:45 pm 

Crow Caller wrote:
I saw raiding as atleast a fairly common occurence with some of the tribes. (…)

You can’t let go of this warrior thing, can you? :lol: Well, it’s your choice, so by all means make up your character in any way you like, but I want to be clear that Ghost Jaguar will then come from a singularly rare tribe that is regarded poorly by other Descended as it tends to prey on other tribes, something that is not normally done by others. I really don’t want the Descended to usually be warlike towards each other, they have enough to worry about without that, especially as there is little to compete for in a very thinly populated jungle brimming with wildlife.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:59 pm 

Grettir wrote:
Crow Caller wrote:
I saw raiding as atleast a fairly common occurence with some of the tribes. (…)

You can’t let go of this warrior thing, can you? :lol: Well, it’s your choice, so by all means make up your character in any way you like, but I want to be clear that Ghost Jaguar will then come from a singularly rare tribe that is regarded poorly by other Descended as it tends to prey on other tribes, something that is not normally done by others. I really don’t want the Descended to usually be warlike towards each other, they have enough to worry about without that, especially as there is little to compete for in a very thinly populated jungle brimming with wildlife.

Oh no, Ghost Jaguar's Tribe are not violently disposed to other tribes. They are a relatively peaceful bunch. I was implying that a different tribe might be raiders.

I don't want to be seen as pressing the issue, but your last sentance seems to paint a picture of life being almost cozy. There is enough food for everyone, no need to compete. Whereas I was thinking more along the lines of what is easier, trying to kill an animal in a Jungle that is designed to kill you, or waiting till someone else kills an animal and then taking their food?

Also, althought I by no means see the Jungle as heavily populated, I see it as populated enough that every few months two tribes might bumb into eachother, and at such times there is always the possibilty of conflict, though trade is a much better alternative that serves to help everyone.

You mentioned there being some 50 to 100 Cities, ranging in size from 20k to 100k people. That's an average of 4,500,000 people which ammounts to 225,000 slaves, so I can easily see 20k Descended living in the Jungle, and I think that most of these tribes would live within a few Kilometers of the Cities, far enough away to be free, but close enough to use the Cities to benefit slightly from the Cities repulsive nature regarding dangerous beasts. That is to say there is slightly less danger closer to the Cities. So each City probably has about 13 or so tribes of about 20 Descended each, living within a 10km radius. sound about right?

So yeah, even if conflict is rare, that is no reason not to be prepared for it.

But anyway, like I said elsewhere I'm going to tone down Ghost Jaguar's Warrior Proficiencies and amp his Hunter related Prof's a little.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:03 pm 

Hey guys. I confess I'm having a hard time keeping up! It turns out I'm moving next week. Sort of sudden. Anyways.

Like Higgins, I hadn't realized that the Child angle had dropped out. But I'm not really that attached to anything one way or the other. I'll have a good time no matter what you throw at me.

If we're going to remove that angle, though, I don't see any reason for my character to be overly attached to CC's kid in terms of a story that I want to play out. I don't mind the kid being a McGuffin, but I don't want to have to actually interact with the thing. I do enough of that at home!

As for my priestess...

I'm tempted to go totally ga-ga in love with her after the images of the naked tatooed chick you sent out. Do the old man longing for what can never be his. Thus he's enslaved not just by loyalty, but by desire...and the one can easily poison the other.

As for what she's like...I think the opportunity for conflict and theme is greater if she's actually not very nice. Ambitious and a user, rather. I hesitate to do this because it's pretty cliche...but it's cliche because it's easy to pull a decent story out of it.

Jake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:53 pm 

Crow Caller wrote:
Sound about right?

Erm, you do realize that we have already said earlier that the jungle is 10.000.000 km², right? We wanted the rim of the jungle to be unknown, so let’s say human population is spread out over the jungle’s central 5.000.000 km², amounting to roughly under 70.000 km² per city, or a circular area with a diameter of roughly 250 km per city.
As the city dwellers don’t venture into the jungle for more than a single kilometer, there is next to no need or the Descended to avoid much territory; they can roam everywhere. If we assume an ample 1 Descended for every 50 Ascended, we arrive at roughly 75k Descended. Assuming family groups/tribes of 25 on the average, we have 3000 tribes, spread out over 5.000.000 km², for roughly just under 1.700 km² for each and every one; this corresponds to a circular area with a diameter of over 90 km.

But I don’t want to tie us down with any actual numbers; that was just to show relations.

Crow Caller wrote:
I don't want to be seen as pressing the issue, but your last sentance seems to paint a picture of life being almost cozy. There is enough food for everyone, no need to compete.

With the above calculation there’s an area of no less than 67 km² per single Descended; even if we increased the number of Descended by a madly whopping factor of 10, for 1 Descended per every 5 Ascended, there would still be 7 km² of jungle per Descended. Scarceness of resources is thus certainly no problem for the Descended. The jungle is full of plant and animal life, and not all of it is dangerous. The problem the Descended face is not finding enough sources of food, it’s avoiding predators and other dangers while gathering this food.

Crow Caller wrote:
Oh no, Ghost Jaguar's Tribe are not violently disposed to other tribes. They are a relatively peaceful bunch. I was implying that a different tribe might be raiders.

See, though I dislike the possibility of tribes preying upon each other at all I will not rule it out if this important for your character concept, but I am really loath to go any further than assuming that 0.5% of all Descended tribes subsist in such a way. But this in turn signifies also that the other tribes would not use much of their ressources to prepare for the remote contingency of having to defend themselves from a raid; after all, there would be no more than one raider tribe per over 300.000 km² and many other dangers would be much more frequent and pressing. If you want to have a fighter-type Descended you will really have to have him come from one of the very few raider tribes. That doesn’t mean that he has to be a bad guy, it’s just the way of living of his people, and what was he supposed to do but go along with it or perish?

Jake Norwood wrote:
I'm tempted to go totally ga-ga in love with her after the images of the naked tatooed chick you sent out. Do the old man longing for what can never be his. Thus he's enslaved not just by loyalty, but by desire...and the one can easily poison the other.

I’m totally loving that!

Jake Norwood wrote:
As for what she's like...I think the opportunity for conflict and theme is greater if she's actually not very nice. Ambitious and a user, rather. I hesitate to do this because it's pretty cliche...but it's cliche because it's easy to pull a decent story out of it.

As she’s also ambitious, chances are that she’s either a rival of higgin’s priest in vying for control over the city, or an uneasy ally of convenience, never to be trusted.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:38 am 

Jake Norwood wrote:
I'm tempted to go totally ga-ga in love with her after the images of the naked tatooed chick you sent out.

:shock: What picture of a naked tattooed chick, I never got any picture of a naked tattooed chick!! :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:03 am 

A few things with my background, little connecters and what not.

When my Character and his family where dragged into the city and taken to the slave block. Jake's Character notices the war club carried by one of the men, it is a type that hasn't been used in over 40 years, and belonged to my PC's grandfather, who was in someway connected enough to Jake's PC to have him care enough about my PC's daughter.

Jake's PC who was sent to the Slave Block to oversee the selection of a competent Slave for his mistress selects my PC's wife, and thus her daughter. He administers a medicine made from the mushrooms that grow under the mounds, and slowly my PC's daughter gets healthier.

Even if the gods didn't take all the Children, I would still like them to take my daughter, as that was a pretty strong driving point between Jake's PC and mine.

I'm thinking about taking an Oath to repay Jake's Character, which can serve to bring us closer in terms of alliance and goals wanted.

By being Higgin's personal slave o atleast one that is in his possession at the moment, the Character ties are fairly strong their, I get information for him and in return I get more leniency.

If Hector is in Higgin's employ then there is a tangible connection between us. Though it doesn't have to be friendship.

Again, I port tings back and forth between Ian's shop and the Temple, this connection is fairly weak, but it can be made stronger by Hector desiring Ian's niece, and perhaps I even see a bit of my daughter in Ian's niece? And then ofcourse Ian's brother could always treat me badly?

I think its a nice little web.

I'm almost done with my second draft on my Character sheet.

I think now is a good point to ask what houserules we are using?

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:32 am 

The Following change depending on other people characters!!

Name: Ghost Jaguar
Descended Hunter/Warrior now a Slave to "High Priest Higginault"

A = Attributes
B = Skills
B = Proficiencies
D = Race
F = Gifts/Flaws
F = Social Class

Attributes (Agility High)

Code:
ST: 4     WP: 4     Ref: 7
AG: 7     WT: 7     Aim: 6
TO: 4     MA: 6     KD:  5
EN: 5     SO: 5     KO:  6
HT: 5     PR: 6     Mov: 8

Pole Arms 7
Mass Weapon & Shield 7 (Defaults from Pole Arm at –3, +3 Proficiencies)
Cut & Thrust 4
Dagger 4
Doppelhander 5
Greatsword 4
Poleaxe 5
Pugilism/Brawling 5
Sword & Shield 5
Wrestling 4

Skills (Woodsman taken twice)

Acrobatics 7 (Learned from MA)
Animal Guise 5
Battle 7 (Learned from MA)
Body Language 7 (Learned from MA)
Camouflage 5
Climbing 6
Herbalist 6
Hunting/Trapping 4+1
Intrigue 7 (Learned from MA)
Leadership 7 (Learned from MA)
Orienteering 4+1
Ridicule 7 (Learned from MA)
Scrounging 5
Sneak 6
Survival 4+1
Swimming 4+1
Tracking 6
Weather Sense 5

Gifts/Flaws

Vow to repay “Jakeezy” for saving my Daughter, no matter the cost.
Overconfident

Cheers & God Bless!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:59 am 

Crow Caller wrote:
:shock: What picture of a naked tattooed chick, I never got any picture of a naked tattooed chick!! :cry:

The chick pic is in a folder of flavour images I uploaded to filefront and linked in the setting creation thread. Here is the LINK again.

Also, I like your character much better now! :)

That your daughter is to be taken away for reasons of the Gods’ alone is of course still a distinct posibility, and learning that a Servitor has announced that he is going to take her back with him when he is going to depart for the Forbidden City is an excellent Kicker.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next